Wednesday 6 June 2007

That old Reptilian brain

Well, I thought I was a rational, modern female, but apparently there's a pre-mammalian part of me quietly tucked away at the base of my skull which is secretly controlling a whole gamut of responses, which might account for my unsettling experience. It's my reptilian brain. What a comforting thought that there's a horny lizard inside looking after my survival! Perhaps that's what accounts for that pre-programmed type response...if you've imprinted say a certain voice, smell i.e.perfume, sight i.e. stockings etc as arousing, then you're bound to respond even years later, just like one of Pavlov's dogs... That's how fetishes are born I suppose. Hmmm, I'm not as sophisticated as I thought if a bundle of neurons left over from 200 million years ago is in control of my mating instinct, so I shouldn't beat myself up about it!!

No comments: