Thursday 7 June 2007

Don't need no Private Dick, just click

After I wrote that last post I was left feeling a queer mixture of trampled-heart/Zena Warrior Princess...very weird...but the gist of it went something like...'I know it hurts, so I'm going to fucking find that man & when I do...I'll have to wait till my 'rational' brain catches up & start thinking about why I'm doing this shit.'

So I brought up the online US phone book & entered his name... & I found him.

In two minutes.

I thought my brain would have more time than that...two minutes...fuck me.

He was a doctor.

He'd married the girlfriend he'd cheated on with me (her name was with his in the entry).

I had his work & home phone numbers & addresses.

I must have blinked a couple of times, then I Google Earthed his home.

I hung out a few metres above his roof for a couple of minutes.

Surreal. 'Walk across the rooftops.'

I closed down the computer & left the house. My brain's still catching up.

2 comments:

Semi-Celibate Man said...

You can do that? See someone's house? Wow. I'm not sure how that can be good technology.

sophry said...

I know, I really felt sleazy/uneasy after I'd done it, like I'd been spying. The image is a frozen satelite photo, not in 'real time'& the reason I knew about it was the kids had tried to find our house, but we're so rural all we saw were fields from miles up. Still figuring out my motivation...think I'm chasing a feeling, not the actual person.