Thursday 21 June 2007

Moongazing

I woke up at the last full moon, it's light falling on my sleeping husband; on his side, the bedclothes pushed down round his hips, his body carved from marble...perfect. I drew away from him, lay drinking him in with my eyes, inhaling his smell, the hot sweetness of his breath. Every nerve ending in me was erupting in coronas of electric desire. Wanting to feel his skin under my fingertips, but not daring to touch him in case he woke...he was beyond being tired, he was exhausted. So I gently pushed my desire & let it float away.

I lay in the aqueous paleness, fully alive in that moment, no thought, empty save for the light & shadow which sculpted his rounded muscles & the planes of his beautiful face. I watched him till my eyes grew heavy & I fell asleep.

2 comments:

Bunny said...

Absolutely beautiful.

sophry said...

He was! Hmmmm (big sigh!) Wish I'd told him about this the next morning...wish I'd let him know how much I appreciate him...you sometimes get to thinking you have all the time in the world, but I know from experience that this is not true & I could live more in the moment, say what I'm feeling when I feel it...I'm working on that ;)